Click the white triangle in the image above from 10:30 Sunday and you will be able to watch live Mass. The feed will start at about 10:25. If you are watching from a tablet or an ipad, you may be prompted to watch via the YouTube app. You can watch directly from YouTube using this link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdD7gqE4O66qlggIJKAn3DQ/live
If the Mass has not started you will see a note saying "Live Stream Offline". Once Mass starts it will change to "Live"
28th May 2023, Pentecost, The Birth of the Church
Today we celebrate the Birth of the Christian Church. In the first reading we hear about the day of Pentecost (50 days later), strange happenings, powerful winds, what appeared like tongues of fire resting on the early community that followed Christ. It shows us that God’s ways are not ours and He instigates change. The Holy Spirit came upon them, and they realised that their reach was beyond the Jewish language to all who would listen. They were amazed to understand other languages in their own tongue. God does not have favourites. Let that be our “take away” from today’s readings and in life also.
“Come to me all you who labour, and I will give you rest” (Matt 11: 28-30). What he did then he continues to do now.
- Volunteers: Please consider volunteering at Mass in some way on a rota basis. You are the Church. Sign up the sheet. Thank you. There is much to be done. “Do not be afraid.”
- Monday29th May – Bank Holiday: 7.30pm: Liturgy of the Word and Eucharist
- Wednesday 31st May - Mass at 10.00am. Requiem Mass at 2.00pm: Joan Valerie Eshelby RIP
- FOUND: Mobile phone “Gabba” earphones found in the church car park last Saturday. Enquire from Fr John for same.
- Bible Alive and Day by Day – The June editions are in the porch. Day by Day is 50p and Bible Alive £1.00
- Grandparents Group – There is a meeting of the group on Wednesday 31st May in the Parish room after the 10.00am mass.
- First Saturday Devotion of Reparation at 2.00pm on Saturday 3rd June in the church. All welcome.
- The Grandparents Group are planning to join the annual Pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Consolation at West Grinstead on Wednesday 14/6. 11.00am to 3.00pm. Travel from OLQH by car sharing. Mass will be celebrated by Bishop Richard and there will be Benediction, the rosary and tours of the sacred chapel. Bring packed lunch and a mug! Sign-up sheets in porch.
- Diocesan Run Events: To find out more and book events please visit the diocese website at: www.abdiocese.org.uk/diocese/events. Forthcoming events include: Refugee Crisis Coffee Morning (17/6 at St Gabriel’s, Billingshurst), Feast of St Joachim & St Anne Mass and afternoon tea at Arundel Cathedral (22/7), and Welcome to Homes for Ukraine webinar (28/6)
- APF/Missio Red Boxes The quarterly round up is now due. Please return red boxes to the presbytery no later than Sunday 28th May. Thank you.
God bless you all,
Sat 27th May 4.00pm Remembrance Mass for Hermanthe Fernando RIP (Jennine Thomas)
6.00pm Philomena Selvaraj RIP (Kevin Patrick and family)
Sun 28th May 8.30am Paul Dann RIP (Eamon Healy)
10.30am Jeremy Evans RIP (Audrey de Souza)
Rodolfo Ebon RIP (Gobaliza Family)
5.30pm Len Williams RIP (Anne Hodges)
Mon 29th May 7.30pm Liturgy of the Word & Eucharist
Tue 30th May 10.00am Mr Anthony Livera RIP (30th day since death) (Anitta Livera)
Wed 31st May 10.00am All Parishioners
Thu 1st Jun 10.00am Aaron Joseph: Health & Intentions (Audine & Ezie)
Fri 2nd Jun 10.00am Exam students this year
Sat 3rd Jun 6.00pm Daisy Collins RIP (Josephine Hayes)
Sun 4th Jun 8.30am All Parishioners
10.30am Lucille D’Souza RIP (Francis Saldanhana)
Deceased Family members: Sant and Pegg-Holloway
(Edward & Margaret)
5.30pm Eugenio Tobola RIP (Beng Tobola)
Retiring Collection 27th/28th May– Missionary Endeavour of the Diocese
Parish Secretarial Assistant Vacancy – St Dunstan’s in Woking seeking applicants for the role which is part time (10 hours per week). Pay subject to experience and skills but likely to be between £11.00 and £11.50 per hour. For a job specification please contact by email Elizabeth Lucek in the parish office, email@example.com. Closing date for applications – 3rd June 2023
Volunteers Needed to Start Parish Youth Club The Church encourages our children and youths to have a personal relationship with God. Therefore, we would like to start a youth club at OLQH ages 12-14 and need volunteers to make this possible. If you are 18 years and above and would be interested in volunteering, please contact Christiana on 07885 593400. Thank you.
Engaged Couples Mass at Arundel Cathedral – 7pm on Friday 16th June.
Join Bishop Richard for a special Mass celebrating the momentous journey of discernment that is engagement towards the lifelong commitment made by couples preparing for marriage. Join us afterwards for a small drinks’ reception in the Cathedral Centre. For further information and to book, please go to the Diocesan website event calendar at www.abdiocese.org.uk/diocese/events
Collections for Weekend 20th/21st May 2023
Offertory Collection £621.45
Gift Aid Collection £53.00
Standing Orders (Weekly Average) £1192.00
Please pray for all those who have died recently:
Paul Dann, Anthony Doyle, Wilson Rabanos, Joe Rowe and Ivor Thornton
May they rest in peace.
Please pray for all those who are sick at this time:
Marie Bellizzi, Margaret Bishop, Maureen Bowers, Veronica Brown, Bill Cable, Josie Cash, Ryan Cauley, Anthony Cheah, Eileen Cookson, Maggie Duncan, Belen Dunlop, Dante Brett-Holt, Gary Elliott, Desmond Fleming, Leo Gibson, Mary Higton, Fr Alex Hill, Irene Hole, Jim Hollis, Ginny Jardine, Ian Joseph, Georgia Mackinlay, Luz Martin, Miriam McDonnell, Helen McLachlan, Eric Miller, Joyce Monserrat, Maura Morris, Gerard O’Connor, Andrei Penkov, Aurora Ramirez, Joseph Rapa, Donal Reidy, Moira Sced, Sherry Small, Ralph and Pauline Smith, Godelieve Vandersloten, Jean Watkins, Frank Worsford, Deborah Wright, and all those named on the noticeboard in Our Lady’s Shrine.
May they find consolation in their suffering.
Alton Day of Renewal Prayer Requests
We will pray for anyone feeling isolated, anxious, depressed, or physically ill. We will help you draw close to the love of Jesus, who said “come to me all of you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest”. On weekdays 10.00am-4.00pm tel 07579 824523. Full details at www.altonrenewal.com/prayer_request
Click the image below to visit our YouTube Channel
To learn more about how to watch online, click here.
Make a donation online
Our parish relies on donations for all parish activities such as our community projects, maintaining our beautiful church building, and sharing the Good News of the Gospel.
Donations from our community make a huge difference to the life of our church. Donating online is quick and easy. It saves our parish time and money, and is a very safe and secure way to give.
Follow this link if you wish to donate now.
Please select your parish from the dropdown list and add Gift Aid if you are a UK tax payer.
Call 01276 504876, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Church is located at 111 Portsmouth Road, Frimley, GU16 7AA. It is on the opposite side of the A325 Portsmouth Road to Frimley Park Hospital. When facing Frimley Park Hospital, the Church is behind you to the left.
SVP Camberley and Frimley is very active in the community
- we give help to local families and individuals in need and the Hope Hub.
- we purchase specific items of food, utilities, clothing and white goods that are needed.
- we do not give money to clients
If you would like to volunteer to help please contact email@example.com and /or to give a donation
SVP Camberley account no. 46082417 sort code 60-60-04
Click the image above to read the newsletter.
Click here and discover how easy is to donate and support this community